Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns explained
US orders that are $100 or over have the option of shipping free. I will ship the cheapest way available, usually Parcel Select. With certain orders (for example fabric and a book) I may choose to break the shipment into two (or more packages). If you are choosing the Free Shipping option at checkout, please make sure that delivery is to a physical address. Some carriers do not deliver to P.O. boxes and this will delay your order while we sort the details.
If you desire your order more quickly, Priority Mail, Priority Mail Express, and FedEx are made available to you at regular charge.
When will my items get to me?
- First Class Mail: 2-5 days
- Priority Mail: 2-3 days
- Priority Mail Express: next business day
- Parcel Select Standard Post: 2-10 days
- FedEx Ground or Air - please see checkout page for estimated times
International Shipping Notes
- USPS First Class International: 2-4 weeks or longer
- USPS Priority International: 6-10 business days†
- USPS Priority Express International: 3-5 business days
- Fedex Ground and Air shipments also available, see rates on checkout page
†Packages with a valuation over $400, weighing over 4lbs, or over a certain size will default to ship Priority due to postal requirements.
VAT and other taxes or entry fees are your responsibility. UK buyers please note: Royal Mail charges a handling fee plus VAT.
What about insurance?
Can I cancel my order?
What is your return policy? 365 days from date of purchase!
- Knitting patterns, sewing patterns, and pdf files are non-returnable.
- Books are only returnable when still wrapped in original packaging and undamaged.
- Yarn that has been wound from the original skein into a center pull ball is non-returnable.
- Fabric that has been washed or cut is non-returnable. Partial yardage cannot be returned.
- No Odors, please! If you smoke or otherwise have scent or air fresheners, be aware that the odor can cling to textiles - I cannot accept any yarn or fabric that has a smell.
- No Febreeze, please! Please do not apply any air fresheners to the textiles in an attempt to remove odors - Chemical fresheners only add a layer of fragrance.
- Customized items are non-returnable.
If your original purchase qualified for free shipping and your return makes your purchase ineligible for free shipping, e.g. below $100, original shipping charges will be deducted from your return. Questions? Contact me if you are unsure.
You must contact me first to get a Return Authorization. Just send a message.
For your convenience I can have my shipping service email you a ship label.
Items lost through the USPS or other shipper are your responsibility. Please take this into account when sending returns. Please make sure to contact me before sending a return.